1 cup Tuver dal
1 cup Jaggery
1 tsp Cardamom powder
2 cups Wheat flour
1- 1/2 tsp Oil
1 cup Water
- Knead a smooth dough similar to one for making chappati, using wheat flour, oil and sufficient water, keep aside
- Pressure cookTuver dal with 2 cups of water upto 3 whistles
- If you have water in excess pour them out and keep it aside
- Now add jaggery to this dal and stir continuously on low flame
- Add cardamom to the mixture and continue stirring
- If the mixture becomes too stiff you could add reserve water to it or if its runny continue stirring it. The mixture should be like a loose dough which could be spreadable.
This is how the mixture should look.
- Take a lime size dough and roll it as you would for chappati but medium thickness and put the dal mixture on the chappati. seal it with chapati.. now Once again rollout the rolled dough gently so that they adhere to each other and are sealed properly
· Place the puranpoli on a heated tava, after a few minutes when you see it puffing turn it and after a minute on the other side start pressing the puran poli with the back of a spoon turning them, it will puff up. This make the puran poli soft
· Place it a plate and spread ghee on both the side......and there you have it friends Puran poli!!!!
You could have puran poli just like that or with any curry
This message has been posted on HMGoogleGroup by: Kripa