WHY ARE INDIANS EASY TO IDENTIFY
We are like this, so true, so very true..........
1. Everything you eat is savored in garlic, onion and
2. You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes,
and of course aluminum foil.
3. You are always standing next to the two largest
size suitcases at the Airport.
4. You arrive one or two hours late to a party - and think
5. You peel the stamps off letters that the Postal Service
missed to stamp.
6. You recycle Wedding Gifts, Birthday Gifts and
7. You name your children in rhythms (example,
Sita & Gita, Ram & Shyam, Kamini & Shamini...)
8. All your children have pet names, which sound nowhere,
close to their real names.
9. You take Indian snacks anywhere it says 'No Food
10. You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving
11. You load up the family car with as many people as
12. HIGH PRIORITY ***** You use plastic to cover
anything new in your house whether it's the remote control,
VCR, carpet or new couch. *****
13. Your parents tell you not to care what your friends
think, but they won't let you do certain things because of
what the other 'Uncles and Aunties' will think.
14. You buy and display crockery, which is never used,
as it is for special occasions, which never happen.
15.You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.
16 You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
17.You keep leftover food in your fridge in as
many numbers of bowls as possible.
18. Your kitchen shelf is full of jars, varieties of bowls
and plastic utensils (got free with purchase of other
19. You carry a stash of your own food whenever you travel
(and travel means any car ride longer than 15 minutes).
20. You own a rice cooker or a pressure cooker.
21. You fight over who pays the dinner bill.
22. You live with your parents and you are
40 years old. (And they prefer it that way).
23. You don't use measuring cups when cooking.
24. You never learnt how to stand in a queue.
25. You can only travel if there are 5 persons at least to
see you off or receive you whether you are traveling by
bus, train or plane.
26. If she is NOT your daughter, you always take interest
in knowing whose daughter has run with whose son
and feel proud to spread it at the velocity
of more than the speed of light.
27. You only make long distance calls after 11p.m.
28. If you don't live at home, when your parents call,
they ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.
29. You call an older person you never met before Uncle or
30. When your parents meet strangers and talk
for a few minutes, you discover you're talking to a
31. Your parents don't realize phone connections to
foreign countries have improved in the last two decades,
and still scream at the top of their lungs when making
32. You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them
from getting dirty.
33. Its embarrassing if you're wedding has less than
34. All your Tupperware is stained with food color.
35. You have drinking glasses made of steel.
36. You have mastered the art of bargaining in shopping.
37. You have really enjoyed reading this mail - forward it
to as many Indians as possible.
I STILL LOVE TO BE AN INDIAN
This message has been posted on HMGoogleGroup by: Andy Says