Nose bleeding is also known as epitasis, it is common and not a very serious occurrence that demands you to be shifted to a hospital or rushed to the doctor on emergency.
Each one of us has had a nose bleed at some point of time or another. Infact, this is a very common ailment in people, though it's mostly children who are seen to suffer from it more frequently. The nose lining contains various tiny blood vessels that tend to bleed quite easily. And there are a number of reasons responsible for encouraging a nose bleed in people.
Nose bleeds are often the result of common events, usually trauma, but nose bleeds can be a warning of other problems. Nose bleeds are caused by a small blood vessel rupturing. There are two main types of nose bleed, upper and lower septum nose bleeds.
In children, many doctors feel that nasal drying is a common cause of nose bleeds. Nasal drying is common in the winter during cold dry weather and in the summer with air-conditioning. If due to nasal drying, nose bleeds can sometimes be prevented by placing KY Jelly about 0.5 inches into the nose using a Q-tip. This should be done two to four times a day. Placing a humidifier in the home will also help. However, this will also promote the growth of molds and other allergens. Do not use Vaseline. Vaseline is petroleum-based and thus will dry, not moisten the nose.
Bleeding from the nose originating from sites other than the nasal mucosa is a common and serious occurrence in all species but particularly in the horse because of its implication for safety while racing. The passage of large amounts of blood suddenly is usually associated with pulmonary hemorrhage and is often fatal in horses and cattle. In horses this usually occurs during hard exercise . When the bleeding in the horse occurs at rest the origin is commonly from the guttural pouch and due to mycotic erosion of the blood vessels there.
Home Remedies For Nose Bleeding
To stop a nosebleed pinch the nose firmly (but not hard) at the bridge of your nose just below the bone. Do NOT lie down or tilt the head back, as this makes the blood go down your throat and will make you sick to your stomach. Hold this pinch for 2 -3 minutes until bleeding stops. Do NOT blow your nose. This will blow the clot out and make it start bleeding again.
Apple cider vinegar is useful in getting a nosebleed to stop. Apple cider vinegar safeguards the body from loss of blood. Soak a small cotton ball in the vinegar and pack it lightly into the nostril. The vinegar will help the blood to congeal.
Every time you breathe in air, it the job of the nose to ensure that the air that reaches lungs is well humidified. As such, when your surroundings are dry, your nose has to work extra hard. So it's advised that you humidify the air with a good air humidifier.
Goldenseal Another herbal remedy is to make a tea from goldenseal using one teaspoon to a pint of boiling water. Steep a few minutes, let settle, and, when cold, snuff some into your nostrils. Do this several times during the day to prevent recurrence.
Take equal parts of Red sandalwood (Rakta Chandan), liquorice (Yashtimadhu) and Naagakesara and make a fine powder out of them. Add 2-3 pinches of this powder in a glass of milk and take it.
Before you begin to stop the nose bleed, blow your nose once forcefully. This will blow out any clot that is keeping the blood vessel in the nose lining open. Once the clot is out, the flexible fibers around that minute opening in the nose will itself contract.
Nose Bleeding Home Remedies with Lemon:
Lemon is a very good antiseptic and also helps in fast coagulation of the blood. Since lemon is very easily available in any household, it is an ideal remedy to stop nose bleeds.
Put a drop or two of lemon juice in the affected nose and the nose bleeding will stop immediately. If it continues even after that it may be a serious complication, consult your physician immediately.
Natural Treatments for Nose Bleeding with Salt Water:
Salt water is an ideal remedy for common nose bleeds.
In case of nose bleeding due to dryness, put a pinch of salt in water and spray the saline water on your nose. The natural anti coagulant properties of salt help curb nose bleeding and the dehumidifying effect of the salt-water arrests drying of the mucous membrane.
Remember these two simple remedies. Salt water and lemon juice are the very easily available in any household.
Nose bleedings can be very anxious moments, now just remember these two remedies and you do not have to suffer from nose bleedings.
Incase of occasional nose bleed, there are a number of home remedies to stop it.
· Before you begin to stop the nose bleed, blow your nose once forcefully. This will blow out any clot that is keeping the blood vessel in the nose lining open. Once the clot is out, the flexible fibers around that minute opening in the nose will itself contract.
- At times, the act of blowing the nose accompanied by application of a little bit of pressure is sufficient for stopping the nose bleed.
· You can also cap the bleeding side with wet cotton. Keep a nasal spray at home for this purpose. Incase you do not have cotton handy, use simple sterilized gauze instead. You can take the cotton or the gauze out after 10 to 15 minutes.
· Sit straight whenever you have a nose bleed. This is because if you recline or tilt your head back, the blood may run towards and into your throat instead of tickling down the nose.
· You can try holding an ice pack alongside the nose area. The cold will cause the blood vessels in the nose lining to constrict and lessen bleeding.
· Do not pick your nose when it is bleeding. Otherwise, it will take seven to 10 days for the rupture in the nose's blood vessel to heal completely.
· Apply an antibiotic / steroid ointment.
· Watch your aspirin intake. Aspirin can interfere with clotting. If you're prone to nosebleeds, experts advise that you not take unnecessary aspirin.
· Get your blood pressure checked. Persons with hypertension are prone to having nosebleeds.
· Every time you breathe in air, it the job of the nose to ensure that the air that reaches lungs is well humidified. As such, when your surroundings are dry, your nose has to work extra hard. So it's advised that you humidify the air with a good air humidifier.
· Be cautious in selecting oral contraceptives. Estrogen controls the production of mucus in the body and anything altering the estrogen levels makes one more prone to nosebleeds. Some types of oral contraceptives also tend to affect this balance.
· Do not smoke
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.
The least we can do as individuals is to motivate and inspire another human being!
Because a candle loses nothing by lighting another!
Muhammad Ahmad Khan
Reiki Master & Master in Fourth Dimension
This message has been posted on HMGoogleGroup by: Muhammad Ahmad
Goto Message, Contact Author, Discuss...